Jingling bells, warm plum cake and an abundance of love, family and gifts are right around the corner. It’s that time of the year that gets everyone excited! We’re all ready to bring out the fuzzy sweaters, make a cup of hot chocolate and enjoy the festivities of Christmas. If you’re looking for something fun to serve with your hot beverages or even a celebratory glass of champagne, and if you’re also looking for something to give your friends and family, we’ve got you covered with something unique, fun and exciting: HALO freeze dried fruit snacks.
HALO freeze dried snacks are the perfect munchies to pass around when you’re sitting with your family sharing stories. How are they different from dried fruits and other snacks?
HALO picks select fruits from quality farms across the country to bring to you freeze dried snacks. Compared to dried fruits, they are crunchier and have lesser water content in them. It undergoes the process of lyophilisation where the water in the fruits are frozen and then removed through sublimation. When you have a snack craving but you’re looking for healthier options for Christmas, HALO freeze dried snacks are a perfect choice.
Here’s why HALO is the way to go:
Loved across all ages: Young and old alike, HALO will appeal to all the members of your family. It’s healthy, which the older people prefer, and it’s tasty, which captures the younger ones. If your family’s dietary preferences are gluten-free, health-conscious and vegan-friendly, HALO ticks all boxes. When you have a family gathering this Christmas, make sure you hand these out for a complete show-stealer.
Just freeze dried: Christmas means large meals, sinful desserts and more. You and your guests need something healthy to balance this out and we have just the solution for you. These fruit snacks are not baked or fried. There are no added preservatives or sugar in it. It’s just fruit that has been freeze dried. So, you can enjoy the sins of a good snack while making sure it’s healthy!
Enjoy seasonal snacks: Some fruits are seasonal for the summer but we end up craving them all through the year, like mangoes. Surprise your family this Christmas with summer fruits in the winter! Because freeze dried fruits last longer than fresh fruit, you can enjoy seasonal ones anytime, anywhere.
The perfect picnic snack: Planning a picnic with your family this festive season? HALO freeze dried snacks are lightweight and leave no fruit mess behind. So, you can take them on the go and enjoy your picnic!
Make your Christmas meal better: Looking to spruce up your holiday meals? HALO freeze dried fruits make a great addition to your list of ingredients. Want to know how? Let us show you!
The grand Christmas feast
Every time you think of the holiday season, one of the first things that come to your mind is definitely the dining table laden with all your favourite dishes. The aroma of the gravies, pies and cookies wafting in the air to put you in the festive spirit. Food is something that ties families together and HALO loves being a part of that celebration.
If you’re looking for some quick straight-out-of-the-packet recommendations for HALO, here’s what you can do:
- Pair our HALO snacks with a nice flute of champagne. Welcome the New Year with open arms and a resounding crunch!
- Looking for something to make your fresh fruit more interesting? Strawberries go so well with chocolate and some sprinkled freeze-dried fruits on top! This makes for a great welcome snack for your guests.
- If you want something light but sweet after a meal, or simple in between meals, flavoured yoghurt is a good pick. To make it better, you can add some freeze-dried fruit snacks on top and enhance the fruity flavour and add a different texture to it!
HALO freeze dried snacks can also be added to your elaborate and well-kept family recipes to make them uniquely yours and a little bit more interesting!
- When you’re making a layered trifle with cake, custard, jelly and cream, the textures might overlap and make it all a little monotonous. To give the layers a distinction, try mixing in some freeze-dried fruits with your jam. You can also top off your trifle with some freeze-dried fruits. It’ll give your dessert a break from three different liquid elements!
- Mix it up this year with a new and healthy tradition- some delectable protein bars. These yummy breakfast bars need not be boring at all! Take your favourite nuts, dried and freeze-dried fruits along with a binding element (Figs usually work great!) and make them into bars. Coat them in dark chocolate and freeze. Serve cold. These are filling, healthy and so delicious! Your family’s Christmas will truly be made. An alternative is you can try rolling them into balls too.
- Making pies, plum cakes or cookies? Throw in some freeze-dried fruits! Its sour-sweet tang and interesting crunch add to the taste and makes it extra interesting.
- Last but not the least, freeze dried fruits make for a great topping for fruit smoothies, milkshakes and ice cream. Take your desserts department by storm!
HALO wishes you a season of happiness, love, sharing and caring. We are ecstatic to be a part of that celebration and create memories and traditions with every one of you. Merry Christmas!